Video Poker Strategy Guide
Not many people can appreciate the brilliance of online video poker but when you play it properly and when you employ a well thought out video poker strategy guide, it can offer you wins like no other casino game. In fact, video poker is one of the few casino games that will favor the player as opposed to favoring the house as casino games often do. In certain circumstances, video poker can offer you not only a good night in, but the chance to win.
Basic Video Poker Strategy
Below are a few basic tips that will allow you to enjoy a more prolific online video poker session. They are not strategies of any sort, they are merely guidelines that are easy to remember and most importantly, will help you play better.
- Always make use of the Bet Max button. It will always prove to be far more profitable than the smaller bets and a vast majority of casinos will offer various bonuses for those that choose to bet it all.
- If you play video poker online, increase your bankroll with bonuses that many of the casinos offer. This will allow you to get a feel for the game and will make sure, that when you begin playing without a bonus, you’re well prepared.
- Researching the various video poker machines, both land-based and online, is never a bad idea. This will allow you to pick out which machines have a better edge for you. Playing on a poker variant you are familiar with will make your session a lot more enjoyable.
- When playing, never hold onto a single card unless you have no other choice.
- If at all possible, always try for the best hand. Settling on pairs will only get you so far and in most casinos, the lowest winning hand for video poker is a pair of 10’s or a pair of Jacks. Getting a pair of 5’s will mean absolutely nothing so when you’re playing, try turn that pair of 5’s into a straight or a flush.
High Card Strategy
This video poker strategy is exactly as it sounds and will entail that you always keep the highest cards in the deck. This won’t necessarily mean that if a low card has the potential to make a winning hand that it should be discarded, it just means that the various high cards, Jack, Queen, King, and the Ace, should take preference in the event of no hand. The reasoning behind this being that the lowest winning hand is a pair of Jacks, so the odds of a pair of jacks coming up are far higher than the odds of, for example, another 5 appearing when you already have two sittings in the deck.
Online video poker is one of those games that will go down in gambling history. Players enjoy the challenge of the games, different to slots and they appreciate the fact that they are permitted to play an active role in the outcome of the games, and with the help of our online video poker strategy guide, you’ll be able to win more, more often.